Follow the 6 steps below to download and install QTP
Step 1) Go to following Link to download QTP version 10.0. Please note that starting version 9.5, all add-ins are bundled with the core QTP installation and need not be downloaded separately. At the download link, you will be asked to enter user id & password. As a first time user, you will need to register on the site.
Step 2) After you sign - in, Accept the terms and conditions.
Step 3) You will be taken to download center and be given the link to download QTP DVD. File is 1410 MB in size and may take some time depending upon your Internet connection speed. It is advisable to use a download manager for this purpose. Step 4) Once download is complete, unzip the softcopy and double click on the setup icon to start installing. No ISO software is required.
Step 5) In the installation Wizard .Select Option – Quick Test Professional Setup. You will be then asked to Accept the License Agreement , Enter Name/Company information and select the ADD-In you want to install (show below.) Give the folder you want to install QTP and installation will begin with your confirmation.
Step 6) Once installation is compete , you will be shown "Additional Installation Requirement" Screen.
Select all 3 options there and click Run.
Now PART I is complete , which is installing QTP. Proceed to Part II
Part II) Get trial license to activate QTP.
Follow the 5 steps below to procure evalaution license for QTP
Step 1) Determine & Note your IP address. (Use this link )
Step 2) Determine your locking code. To do this ,follow the three steps below
a) Once you launch QTP , you will see , the below error screen. Click on Install license button
b) Choose license Type as Seat License & Click Next
Step 3) Determine and note Product # for QTP. For QTP version 10 it is T6512EAET .
To determine Product # for your version check the email- confirmation sent to you on
Step 4) Depending upon your location send an email requesting Evaluation license for QTP.
|Europe / |
Do provide your contact information in the email.In case you need license for any ADD-ins apart from the default (Visual Basic , Web , Active X ) you need to ask for them explicitly.
A sample draft of an email, which you could use readily -
Please provide Evaluation license for
Product # T6512EAET (*)
Product Name # HP QTP ver 10.0 (*)
Locking Code # 8-4C1AP (*)
IP Address # 18.104.22.168 (*)
Also , provide license for Java Add - in (*).
Company : leave blank in case you are not working.
Purpose : (Choose As Applicable or you can give your own reasons)
1) My company/project is looking into Automation so I want to determine if QTP will meet the requirements and will later purchase accordingly.
2) I want the license for self-learning purposes.
Thanks & Regards
(*) - Change as Applicable
Step 5) Once you obtain the license , Paste in the license wizard and you are good to go
1) If you are already into a job , it is best to send this mail from your company email id. Otherwise is also OK.:
2) Do not expect HP to respond immediately to your request. They will take their own sweet time (3-5 days) to respond to your request. You SHOULD follow up with them every two days to check on status of your request.
3) DO NOT forget to mention you contact number. The HP guys will call you in case they will require any further information to execute your request. Hence it is very important to send all the details with accurate information to be serviced promptly.
4) You can ask for an EXTENSION (usually 14 days) of your evaluation license, once your trial period is over.
5) Detailed contact information of HP's license delivery center is here.
Hope it Helps!